Join the movement & give back
November 29th, 2016
This year, on Tuesday, November 29, 2016, OCAPICA is participating in #GivingTuesday, a global day dedicated to giving. Last year, more than 45,000 organizations in 71 countries came together to celebrate #GivingTuesday. Since its founding in 2012, #GivingTuesday has inspired giving around the world, resulting in greater donations, volunteer hours, and activities that bring about real change in communities. We invite you to join the movement and to help get out and give this November 29.
OCAPICA serves more than 40,000 low income community members with health, mental health, youth and education, policy, and job development services. Many of the community members we serve are immigrant, low wage working families with nearly 70% being homeless or at risk for homelessness. OCAPICA provides all free services in 17 different languages throughout the county.
Last year alone:
• Provided more than $100,000 in scholarships to low income students to be able to attend college.
• Assisted 869 students with completing their financial aid application
• Supported 600+ youth and adults to obtain paid job experience in a career field of their choice.
• Provided more than 8,000 individuals with mental health counseling.
• Outreached to 16,047 community to reduce the stigma and bring awareness mental issues
• Prevented 23 suicides among Asian American youth.
• Provided health care support to 400+ immigrant women with cancer screenings, treatment and support.
• Provided housing to 48 homeless families.
• 36 volunteers (youth and community members) contacted 16,000+ community members in Orange County, reminding them to register to vote and to go out in vote.